JESUS CHRIST KING OF THE UNVERSE
"If to Christ our Lord is given all power in heaven and on earth; if all men, purchased by his precious blood, are by a new right subjected to his dominion; if this power embraces all men, it must be clear that not one of our faculties is exempt from his empire. He must reign in our minds, which should assent with perfect submission and firm belief to revealed truths and to the doctrines of Christ. He must reign in our wills, which should obey the laws and precepts of God. He must reign in our hearts, which should spurn natural desires and love God above all things, and cleave to him alone. He must reign in our bodies and in our members, which should serve as instruments for the interior sanctification of our souls, or to use the words of the Apostle Paul, as instruments of justice unto God."
Pope Pius XI
· Join us this Tuesday, November 19th after the 6:30 pm mass at the office for the last of the six part course on the Eucharist based on the book by Scott Hahn.
· There is no daily mass on Friday, this coming week as Father Nathan is away.
· November 20th, Red Wednesday, we will say a special rosary (11:45 am) for those in the legal professions.
· Our parish has a subscription to Formed.org, a Catholic resource of thousands of movies, programs, audio, and books online. The Parish code is Q4J23Q for free and complete access.
· This Advent season, in FORMED, walk with Dr. Tim Gray on a journey of renewal to ready your heart for the coming of Christ. Each day of Advent, Dr. Gray will unpack the meaning of this season and its rich traditions, as well as offer practical advice for making this Advent your best yet. Starting Sunday, December 1, 2019.
The Adult Ministry has a workshop this Thursday, November 21st at 3:00 pm at Origins. The subject of the workshop is Wholeness.
· Join us this Tuesday, November 12th after the 6:30 pm mass at the office for the fifth of the six part course on the Eucharist based on the book by Scott Hahn.
· We will have the Book of Life set up at weekend masses and in the parish office, for prayers and remembrance of our loved ones who have passed on.
· There is no daily mass on Wednesday, this week as Father Nathan is away. The next week on November 20th, Red Wednesday, we will say a special rosary (11:45 am) for those in the legal professions.