Tuesday, October 30, 6:30 pm Mass:
For the repose of the soul of Christian Zentner
Mass Intention by: Clark Zentner
Wednesday, October 31, 12:15 pm Mass:
For the repose of the souls of Members of the Fulop-Bartley Family
Mass intention by: Bob and Marta Bartley
Thursday, November 1, 5:00 pm Mass: (Change of Time)
For the repose of the souls of Members of the Frank-Fulop Family
Mass Intention by: Marta Bartley
Friday, November 2, Three Masses: 8:30 am,12:15 pm & 3:00 pm
Commemoration of all the Faithful Departed (All Souls Day)
For the intentions of The Members of Auspice Maria
Saturday, November 3, 7:00 pm Mass:
For the intentions of Julia and Jay Choi
Mass Intention by: Julia Choi
Sunday, November 4, 10:00 am Mass:
For the intentions of the people
The Catholicism Series is ongoing at the Parish Office on Tuesday evenings at the conclusion of the 6:30pm Mass. All are welcome to attend. This week’s topic is the Virgin Mary.
The Solemnity of All Saints is on November 1st. Due to a liturgical commitment, Fr. Nathan has to be with Bishop McGrattan that day, so the Holy Mass will be offered at the parish office on November 1st at 5:00 pm instead of at the usual Thursday Mass time of 12:15 pm.
The Commemoration of All Souls is on November 2nd . This is the day we pray especially for all the faithful departed. It is the venerable tradition for a priest to offer three Masses that day for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. The Holy Mass will be offered on Friday, November 2nd at the parish office at 8:30 am, 12:15 pm and 3:00 pm.
Thank you to all parishioners who participated in the blanket collection for the Mustard Seed.
Students from Our Lady of the Snows Academy, home of Our Lady of the Rockies Parish, will be collecting non-perishables for the Bow Valley Food Bank. Students in Grade 7-12 will be trick-or-treating for these items on Halloween night. However, all parishioners are invited to drop off at the school or bring to Mass next weekend. Email Lindsay LFagan@redeemer.ab.ca for pickup! As always, we are appreciative of your prayers and support.
431. What purpose do the precepts of the Church have?
The five precepts of the Church are meant to guarantee for the faithful the indispensable minimum in the spirit of prayer, the sacramental life, moral commitment and growth in love of God and neighbor.
Further reading: CCC 2041, 2048
432. What are the precepts of the Church?
1) to attend Mass on Sundays and other holy days of obligation and to refrain from work and activities which could impede the sanctification of those days;
2) to confess one's sins, receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation at least once each year;
3) to receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least during the Easter season;
4) to abstain from eating meat and to observe the days of fasting established by the Church; and
5) to help to provide for the material needs of the Church, each according to his own ability.
Further reading: CCC 2042-2043
433. Why is the Christian moral life indispensable for the proclamation of the Gospel?
Because their lives are conformed to the Lord Jesus. Christians draw others to faith in the true God, build up the Church, inform the world with the spirit of the Gospel, and hasten the coming of the Kingdom of God.
Further reading: CCC 2044-2046