Tuesday, October 23, 6:30 pm Mass:
For the repose of the soul of Joseph Kim
Mass Intention by: Julia Choi
Wednesday, October 24, 12:15 pm Mass:
For the repose of the soul of Joseph & Maria Choi
Mass intention by: Julia Choi
Thursday, October 25, 12:15 pm Mass:
For the intentions of Amy Shen
Mass Intention by: Marta Bartley
Friday, October 26, 8:30 am Mass:
For the repose of the soul of Alvin Zentner
Mass Intention by: Clark Zentner
Saturday, October 27, 7:00 pm Mass:
For the intentions of the people
Sunday, October 28, 10:00 am Mass:
For the intentions of Alexander Bartley
Mass Intention by: Bob & Marta Bartley
The Catholicism series continues at the Parish Office on Tuesday evenings at the conclusion of the 6:30pm Mass. Each session will be approximately 60-80 minutes. All are welcome to attend.
431. What purpose do the precepts of the Church have?
The five precepts of the Church are meant to guarantee for the faithful the indispensable minimum in the spirit of prayer, the sacramental life, moral commitment and growth in love of God and neighbor.
Further reading: CCC 2041, 2048
432. What are the precepts of the Church?
1) to attend Mass on Sundays and other holy days of obligation and to refrain from work and activities which could impede the sanctification of those days;
2) to confess one's sins, receiving the sacrament of Reconciliation at least once each year;
3) to receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least during the Easter season;
4) to abstain from eating meat and to observe the days of fasting established by the Church; and
5) to help to provide for the material needs of the Church, each according to his own ability.
Further reading: CCC 2042-2043
433. Why is the Christian moral life indispensable for the proclamation of the Gospel?
Because their lives are conformed to the Lord Jesus. Christians draw others to faith in the true God, build up the Church, inform the world with the spirit of the Gospel, and hasten the coming of the Kingdom of God.
Further reading: CCC 2044-2046
Book Study Group
Do you ever wonder why your prayers are not more effective? Do you ever get discouraged because you don’t see any visible results in your prayers?
Then consider joining a book study group on Intercessory prayer. Scripture has a great deal to teach us about prayer, especially intercessory prayer, and Sr. Ann Shield’s book, “Intercession: A Guide to Effective Prayer “ teaches us how to intercede according to God’s mind and will with greater fervour and understanding. Come and discover the richness of the Bible’s teaching on intercession and revolutionize your prayer life. If you are interested contact Marta at 403 707-5109.