What you need to know:
- Six months’ notice is required to schedule a marriage celebration in our parish.
- Marriage ceremonies are booked for available Thursdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm and Saturdays at 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm.
- Marriages are scheduled for Canmore, pending shrine availability. We schedule on a first come basis.
- Sunday marriage ceremonies or outdoor ceremonies are not permitted in the Diocese of Calgary.
- To be married in a Catholic church in the Calgary Diocese, at least one member of the couple must be Catholic.
- Marriages may only be celebrated with a Mass if both of you are Catholic.
- A marriage is still considered a sacrament if one member of the couple is baptized in another church.
- A marriage preparation course is mandatory for all couples planning to celebrate marriage in the diocese of Calgary. Please speak with your parish priest to find out where the program is offered.
- If either of you have been previously married to someone else in the Catholic Church, any church or in a civil ceremony, you will require a Declaration of Nullity before you can be married in the Shrine Church. Please speak to your parish priest as soon as possible, we cannot provide a secure or confirmed booking until this matter is resolved.